There is a fantastic opportunity for free training for people looking for a job in the care sector but lack qualifications or need some extra support with job seeking.
Starting soon in Guildford is a free fully accredited three-week part-time course in health and social care. After the course, participants will then receive follow-up support to help them into paid work in the care sector.
- A two day introduction into the world of Health and Social Care
- Then if you think working in a caring role is for you, you can go onto do further training that will give you a level 1 qualification to help you find work experience placements and to find a suitable paid role
- Your travel expenses will be paid for you to attend the course.
If after the introductory two days you decide you don’t want to do the qualification you can still stay involved. We also need volunteer helpers to support people who need health and social care to become more active in their community. Full training for this role will be given.
To find out more about what working in care is like, have a look at this website – http://www.aquestionofcare.org.uk/
If you want to find out more information and how to apply, come along to one of the introductory sessions. These will be:
- Friday 25th January at Voluntary Action South West Surrey, Guildford at 10am-12pm
- Thursday 31st January at Guildford Jobcentre Plus at 2pm-4pm
For more information and to book your place on one of the introductory sessions contact David Rose, the project coordinator on: 07825419408, or email, email@example.com