The Youth Work Assistant will support young people in the Guildford and Waverley area to access voluntary opportunities and create social action projects. The Youth Work Assistant will promote the work of Voluntary Action South West Surrey to young people.
- Arrange and visit external venues such as schools, colleges and youth clubs to promote and support young people with accessing voluntary opportunities and creating social action projects.
- Updating internal databases and monitoring data with all work completed.
- Working in collaboration with external partners to identify and set up social action projects for young people.
- Liaise with staff to promote opportunities.
- Lead on key campaigns in relation to young people within the charity.
- Deliver training and workshops to both young people and partner organisations.
This role is part of the Kickstart scheme therefore candidates must be:
- 18 to 24 years of age.
- Currently on Universal Credit.
- Looking for employment and training.
Number of hours a week: 25 Hours.
Working Pattern: Monday – Thursday (inclusive) 09:00 – 15:45 (inclusive of half hour unpaid lunch break) can be flexible.
Hourly rate of pay: National minimum wage.
The Youth Work Assistant will also provide general support to management and is expected to be flexible to meet the needs of the charity.
All staff at Voluntary Action South West Surrey are expected to attend and contribute to team meetings, 1:1’s and training to provide support to both you and the charity.
How to apply: Quote the job title and postcode to your job centre work coach who will then refer you to us.