The Training Assistant will identify opportunities and promote the work of Voluntary Action South West Surrey.
- Research and identify free, low cost and fully funded face to face and online training opportunities applicable to the charity.
- Support internal staff with preparing training courses and materials including but not limited to course presentations, course handbooks and handouts.
- Produce separate annual training programmes for internal staff, partners and community members.
- Promoting training and development opportunities to internal staff, partners and community members.
- Managing course bookings for any internal courses and providing course attendees with an excellent customer journey.
- Managing administrative duties with courses such as attendance list, booking training rooms, printing materials and sending any materials as needed via email to trainers and/or course attendees.
- Collating feedback from course attendees and updating internal databases.
- Collating data and producing reports for management, funders and partners as and when needed on training and development.
- Contacting partners for information via phone and email on training opportunities.
- Creating training courses to deliver to partners in consultation with internal staff.
- Supporting volunteers and students on placement with tasks supporting training and development.
- Minute taking at meetings.
This role is part of the Kickstart scheme therefore candidates must be:
- 18 to 24 years of age.
- Currently on Universal Credit.
- Looking for employment and training.
Number of hours a week: 25 Hours.
Working Pattern: Monday – Thursday (inclusive) 09:00 – 15:45 (inclusive of half hour unpaid lunch break) can be flexible.
Hourly rate of pay: National minimum wage.
The Social Media Assistant will also provide general support to management and is expected to be flexible to meet the needs of the charity.
All staff at Voluntary Action South West Surrey are expected to attend and contribute to team meetings, 1:1’s and training to provide support to both you and the charity.
How to apply: Quote the job title and postcode to your job centre work coach who will then refer you to us.