Volunteering can be amazing. You make a contribution to your community, help people, learn new skills, broaden your horizons and make friends. Volunteering can be a great way back into work if you’ve not been able to work for a while and it can be great fun.
- Its good for your health
- It’s good for your confidence
- Its good for your well-being
But it can also be daunting and getting started can be the hardest part if you are lacking confidence.
That is why we make support available for people who see the benefits of volunteering but need support with the first steps.
Welcome to Volunteering! offers:
- Confidence Building sessions
- Volunteering Skills workshop
- Volunteer taster sessions
- Help finding an volunteer role that suits you
- Help with interviews and application forms and other practical details
- Support with settling into a volunteering role
Run by friendly and supportive staff, funded by the National Lottery’s Big Lottery Fund Welcome to Volunteering! is for anyone who feels they need extra support to take up and sustain a volunteering role.