- This event has passed.
Are We Making a Difference?
9th April 2019 @ 9:15 am - 4:30 pm
VASWS Conference at the University of Surrey.
Book your place TODAY: Here
Date: Tuesday 9th April Time: 9.15am – 4.30pm
Venue: The University of Surrey
- How is your organisation making a difference?
- What is your organisation’s true volunteer contribution worth?
- Want to know more about ‘Crowdfunding’?
- Improve the effectiveness of your presentations?
- How to get university students involved in your organiation?
- Need help with how to get your message across?
- Want to start a conversation?
Come along to our conference and find out answers to these and many more questions.
Jane Hobson from the Charity Commission will be delivering what is sure to be a thought provoking keynote speech addressing the impact we make, Joanne Killian, the Chief Executive of Surrey County Council will be speaking about how Surrey is working with the Voluntary Sector to make a difference, we will hear from frontline charities on looking at the impact we make both as organisations and as individuals within those organisations.
We have expert led workshops to address many of the key areas of running voluntary organisations, plus we end the day with a choice of either taking part in an unconference discussion session where topics are chosen by delegates, or attending what is sure to be an entertaining and fascinating talk from VASWS David Rose, local historian on Volunteering Down the Ages.
This year’s conference is again taking place in the prestigious Rik Medlik Building at the University of Surrey and will include a sandwich lunch in their Lakeside Restaurant.