The Communications Assistant will support Voluntary Action South West Surrey to improve communication internally with staff and volunteers and also externally with our partners.
- Producing an internal communications plan which includes all communication channels utilised.
- Reviewing and improving internal and external communication to include but not limited to News Bulletins, website content, news articles, weekly updates and social media messaging.
- Liaising with colleagues to co-produce and keep up to date an annual calendar of key events, campaigns and celebrations to share across communications channels.
- Increase engagement across all communication channels.
- Scheduling future content and forward planning for the charity.
- Collating and analysis communications analytics to identify trends and areas of interest/improvement.
- Collating data and producing reports for management, funders and partners as and when needed on engagement from communication.
- Contacting partners/clients for information via phone and email on positive news, events, campaigns and case studies to share.
- Liaising with internal staff to identify and promote opportunities.
- Supporting volunteers and students on placement with communication tasks.
- Minute taking at meetings.
This role is part of the Kickstart scheme therefore candidates must be:
- 18 to 24 years of age.
- Currently on Universal Credit.
- Looking for employment and training.
Number of hours a week: 25 Hours.
Working Pattern: Monday – Thursday (inclusive) 09:00 – 15:45 (inclusive of half hour unpaid lunch break) can be flexible.
Hourly rate of pay: National minimum wage.
The Communications Assistant will also provide general support to management and is expected to be flexible to meet the needs of the charity.
All staff at Voluntary Action South West Surrey are expected to attend and contribute to team meetings, 1:1’s and training to provide support to both you and the charity.
How to apply: Quote the job title and postcode to your job centre work coach who will then refer you to us.